Terms and Conditions
The web shop owner is Softrend Online OÜ, registry code 14945266, address Paldiski mnt 96, Tallinn, Harju County 13522.
Sales conditions are valid between the person buying from the Softrend web shop (hereinafter the Client) and the company Softrend Online OÜ (hereinafter Softrend) when goods and services are purchased.
The web shop is an online store created and administered by Softrend, where Softrend mediates to the Client the commission sales of goods made by makers of furniture and furnishings who are third persons and goods made at Softrend’s own factory.
In addition to the General Terms and Conditions, the relationship between the seller and the Client is regulated by the laws of the Republic of Estonia.
- The products are sold to natural and legal persons. Legal persons can also make purchases in the Softrend web shop but the consumer rights provided in the terms and conditions (14-day return right, two-year right to file complaints, etc.) do not apply to them.
- Softrend reserves the right to make changes to its sales conditions and sales prices. The changes referred to above will be displayed on the Softrend webpage. Changes shall not be applied retrospectively.
- Product selection, prices and discounts may differ from the product selection, prices and discounts at Softrend’s retail stores.
- All product prices listed in the web shop are in euros and include 20% VAT. A fee for transport to the Client’s location and/or for installation may be added to the product price.
- The web shop has the right to withdraw from the sales transaction and demand the product back from the buyer if its selling price in the web shop is mistakenly marked as considerably lower than its market price.
- Product descriptions may contain unintentional errors.
- The product images (incl. photos, 3D models and drawings) displayed are illustrative and may differ from the actual product. Due to different computer display settings, variation in product colours may occur.
- Product measurements are as precise as possible, but due to the characteristics of soft furniture, differences in measurements may occur.
- Softrend gift cards are valid for one year; if the purchase price is below the gift card value, the difference is not paid in cash. Discounts do not apply when buying gift cards.
Making a purchase from the web shop
1. Add the desired products to the shopping cart.
2. Click on the cart icon in the top right-hand corner to view the cart contents. To order, click on the ‘Order’ link in the shopping cart.
3. Fill in the required fields, choose suitable delivery and payment methods, read and agree to the terms and conditions of ordering and click on the ‘Confirm order’ link. You will then be directed to the online bank to make the payment.
By card payment immediately using the system provided by Maksekeskus. Note: Once you have completed the payment, click on the ‘Back to merchant’ button.
Maksekeskus AS is the payment intermediary. Payments are processed outside the web shop environment in the secure payment environment of the respective bank and the secure payment environment of Maksekeskus AS when using a credit card. The seller has no access to the Client’s banking and credit card information.
- The Client shall make an advance payment in full for any purchases made in the web shop.
- The contract is enforced from the moment the amount to be paid is received in the web shop’s bank account.
- Unpaid orders are annulled once 24 hours has passed since order confirmation.
Deadlines for execution of orders
The order execution deadline depends on the purchased item type and the volume of the products ordered. The estimated delivery or completion time is marked in the web shop separately in the description of each product. Delivery deadlines are from 2-8 weeks.
The maximum delivery or completion deadline is marked next to the product. Softrend makes the product that the Client requested by the completion deadline. Transport time is added to the delivery or completion time and can be up to one week.
- If the order cannot be fulfilled by the stated deadline, Softrend contacts the Client and offers a new delivery time or reimbursement of the amount paid. The paid amount is refunded to the Client immediately, but no later than 14 days after submitting the order.
- Exceeding the stated order completion deadline is not considered a contract breach by Softrend if the delay is caused by third persons (e.g. manufacturers/textile manufacturers or delivery service provider).
Delivery of all goods purchased from the Softrend web shop is free of charge for the Client within the EU, excl. islands.
Orders are shipped with a special carrier depending on the destination. The Client will be contacted directly regarding the delivery time as it varies depending on the country. The Client’s order is delivered to street level only and will not be carried inside at the destination address. The Client shall be responsible for the disposal of pallets and other packaging used in connection with the delivery.
- Delivery takes place after the total amount to be paid for the order is received in the Softrend account.
- Please make sure that the packaging is not damaged before opening it. Please make a mark on the courier’s consignment note regarding any damage to the packaging and send us photos. Softrend cannot take responsibility for damaged items if they are opened before recording the damage in writing.
- Softrend shall not be responsible for damage caused to the Client or a delay in delivery of the goods if the damage or delay is due to circumstances Softrend could not influence or foresee.
- If the order includes products with different delivery deadlines, the total order delivery deadline shall be based on the product with the longest delivery deadline.
- Ordered goods are handed over only to the Client or their representative as specified in the order upon presentation of an identity document. Goods are delivered to third persons only with the prior agreement of the Client.
- After paying for the order, the goods can be stored in our warehouse for seven days for free. The storage fee from the eighth day is €10 per item per day.
The Client has the right to withdraw from a transaction within 14 calendar days by submitting a free-format written application to do so to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Softrend confirms receipt of the withdrawal application by sending a notice to the Client.
- The right of withdrawal does not apply if the buyer is a legal person.
- The Client must return the product within 14 calendar days of submitting the withdrawal application. The withdrawal deadline is counted from the day the Client or the third person appointed by them who is not the transporter of the goods has obtained the product.
- Once the product is returned, Softrend shall refund the cost of the product and its initial delivery to the Client within 14 days. The Client shall pay for the cost of returning the item.
- Softrend can refuse to make any refund payments until the Client has returned the item.
- The money will be transferred to the same bank account from which Softrend received it.
Products that can be ordered from the Softrend web shop are made according to the Clients’ orders. Softrend starts making a product once the Client has selected the suitable model, measurements and cover and cushioning materials. Since the product is custom-made, Softrend will not repurchase it.
- A product is custom-made if the Client selects significant properties when placing the order: product cover material, measurements, material or other physical properties of the product.
- Custom-made orders can be returned only if the product is faulty or damaged in transport.
- Mattresses and bed linen are not repurchased or exchanged.
A two-year term of complaint is enforced for products purchased from the web shop. Softrend shall be responsible for non-conformities and shortcomings if the non-conformity was present at the time the product was handed over to the buyer.
- The deadline for filing a complaint begins at the moment the product is handed over to the Client.
- To file a complaint, submit an application to email@example.com. The letter must include the product name, telephone number, order number and description of damage along with images.
- All complaints are responded to within 14 days.
- If the product is faulty and can be fixed, Softrend shall organise the repairs. If the product cannot be repaired, Softrend shall organise to exchange the faulty product.
- Softrend shall not be responsible for product shortcomings that have occurred due to improper or wrong installation, use and/or maintenance of the product.
- Softrend shall not be responsible for product shortcomings caused by accidental or intentional damage by the Client.
- Softrend shall not be responsible for product shortcomings that have occurred in the course of normal wear.
- If the item brought in for repairs has not been used according to its user manual or if Softrend can prove that the shortcomings were caused by the Client, then the right of filing a complaint does not extend to the product. In such an event, a price offer is prepared for the Client in cooperation with Softrend to repair the product or replace it for a fee. If the Client refuses the price offer, the Client is obliged to pay the handling fee for identifying the shortcoming and organising transport.
- The Client shall pay all costs concerning a product brought in for repairs without reason (incl. instances when the shortcoming was not caused by the manufacturer or the warranty conditions have been breached). In such a case, Softrend has the right to submit an invoice to the Client for the work done up to then according to the valid price list of the performer of the work.
- If repairing an item that is the subject of a complaint turns out to be impossible or the item is out of production, then with the Client’s consent it is replaced with an equal product.
Softrend 20-year warranty
In addition to the two-year right to file a complaint provided in the Law of Obligations Act, Softrend offers a 20-year warranty on the solid wood structures of its sofas and beds. This warranty covers the repair or exchange of any product purchased for personal use that has a production flaw.
The warranty does not cover:
- shortcomings caused by accidental or intentional damage by the Client;
- shortcomings caused by ignoring the user manual;
- shortcomings caused by using the product in an inappropriate environment;
- natural wear of materials.
Settlement of disputes
If Softrend refuses to settle a complaint submitted by the Client or the Client does not agree to the solution proposed by Softrend and finds that the Client’s rights have been violated, the Client may submit a complaint to the Consumer Disputes Committee, the Consumer Protection Board or a court. Clients may file a complaint themselves or through a representative. Clients’ rights are outlined on the CPB website, the EU Member States to solve problems arising in the appeal to the European Union, consumer counselling.