Sofa recommendations for small living rooms
08. October 2014
A sofa that is fitting in terms of both size and shape creates a feeling of expansion of space and improves the way one feels in a small living room.
Make sure the sofa is of the right size
- Sketch the outline of the sofa on the floor with adhesive tape
- Draw your living room on a piece of paper (or use the outline plan of your home) and draw the sofas on another piece of paper in the correct scale. Cut out the sofas and test them on the plan – try and find the best spot and size for the sofa.
Every Softrend sofa model includes combinations with dimensions. Should you find the decision too hard to make, visit us to try out the sofas and do not hesitate to ask our friendly and experienced sales staff for advice. We will create the right sofa for you together.
Choose a model with an airy design for small living rooms
- a sofa with high legs and thin armrests creates an airier atmosphere and does not make the room feel stuffy
- light fabrics make the sofa appear bigger while dark fabrics make the sofa appear smaller
- in small rooms, a sofa with protruding parts creates a better atmosphere than a corner sofa
- the armrest of the sofa or a pouf can be used as a table
- dark and bold wall colour combinations make the room appear smaller
- light wall colour combinations make the room appear bigger
- colourful accessories make the room livelier
- in order to gain more floor space, use elevated bookshelves – e.g. above the sofa or the TV stand